To be a center of excellence in the management of surgical patients with liver disease
To implement TBRI's national goals in combatting liver diseases; providing the standard care of hepato-pancreato biliary disease including liver transplantation and research for patients with general surgical problems.
Head of the Laboratory
Former Heads And Staff Members
Emeritus Prof. / Nagui Edward Mekhaeil
Emeritus Prof./ Sobhy Ahmed Kista
Emeritus Prof./ Ahmed Hazem Ibrahim Helmy
Emeritus Prof./ Ayman Ihab Nafeh
Prof. / Emad Esmat Nour El Din
Prof. / Mohammed Saied Hedaya
Emeritus Prof./ Magdy Mohamed Abul Hamid El-Sebae
Emeritus Prof. /Youssef Farouk Youssef
Emeritus Prof. / Mohamed Magdy Aly Essawy
Emeritus Prof. / Mohamed Abbas Mahmoud
Emeritus Prof. / Hussein Mamdouh Ezzat
Emeritus Prof. / Maged Mahmoud Nasr
Prof. / Mohamed Saied Abo-Hedaya
Prof. / Ahmad Abdel-Aziz Hassan
Emeritus Assistant Prof. / Sameh Bayoumi El-Sebaie
Late Assistant Prof. Housam Hamdey
Assistant Prof. Asaad Fayrouz
Researcher/ Hisham Abdelaziz
Researcher/ Amr Mostafa
Researcher/ Mohamed El-Ashry
Researcher/ Ahmed Hamdy Taha Allam
Researcher/ Diaa Fahmy
Researcher/ Mounir Mohamed
Researcher/ Ahmad Zidan
Assistant Researcher/ Mohamed Ahmed Abdelhady
Assistant Researcher/ Mohamed El-Sayed El-Araby
Assistant Researcher/ Mohamed Abdo Mohamed Zaki
Assistant Researcher/ Mohamed Ahmed Abdelhalim
Assistant Researcher/ Mahmoud Mohamed Rady
Assistant Researcher/ Rani Mohamed Saleh Khattab
Assistant Researcher/ Magdy Salama
Assistant Researcher/ Karim Eltaweel
Assistant Researcher/ Mohamed Tawfik
Assistant Researcher/ Abdullah Alsabbagh
Resident/ Mahmoud Ahmed Nooh
Resident/ Rami Hassan Hegy
Resident/ Ahmed Mohamed Abd-Allah
Resident/ Mohamed Hassan Sobaih
Resident/ Mohamed Osama Ismail
Resident/ Amr Mahmoud
Resident/ Engi Soltan
Field of Research
The current strategy of research is predominantly abdominal gastro-intestinal, hepato-pancreato-biliary and experimental surgery, which includes:
a. Surgery in portal hypertension patients.
b. Surgery in cirrhotic patients.
c. Surgery in ascitic patients.
d. Anatomical versus non anatomical resection for HCC with HCV.
e. Biliary reconstruction and drainage procedures for gall stones and obstructive jaundice.
f. Gastrointestinal surgery.
g. Laparoscopic basic, advanced and GIT surgeries and laparoscopic assisted surgery.
h. Liver transplantation.
i. Liver ischemia reperfusion injury
a. Providing research quality services in collaboration with reputable medical centres and institutions at national, regional and international levels
b. The department is considered a centre "at national level" for dealing with cirrhotic patients with surgical problems, a centre for biliary reconstruction and patients with benign or malignant focal hepatic lesions.
c. The department is also considered a referral center for complicated surgery in biliary and chronic hepatic patients.
d. Participating in liver transplantation program held at TBRI.
a. General surgery
b. Laparoscopic surgery
c. Liver surgery
d. Experimental surgery
e. Vascular surgery
Laboratory Structure and Facilities
The department lies on the 3rd floor of the hospital building; it is composed of 5 outpatient clinic/week, 40 beds, 3 high dependency unit (HDU) beds and 5 OPC / week. The department has a dedicated 24 hr acute operating theatre and a target waiting time for operations between 2-4 weeks. Day case surgery for some operations is carried out.
The Operating Theatre is equipped to perform major general surgical procedures whether open or laparoscopic such as CUSA, Argon beam coagulation, Intra-operative ultrasound, Harmonic scalpel, BVSD (ligasure), different types of staplers, Choledochoscope, upper endoscopy set, two high definition laparoscopic sets, two Analogue Laparoscopic sets and C-arm x-ray.
The department as well encompasses an experimental surgical unit, which follows the training & research consultation unit at TBRI. The unit provides the following:
a. Hands-on training courses on Basic and advanced Surgical Skills in general as well as liver surgery.
b. Research and experimental Programs, which are carried out using small and large animals whether these animals are normal, diseased or infected with schistosomiasis according to the submitted protocols after approval by the IRB, TBRI.
a. Hands-on "one-to-one" training based on standard methodology at the department.
b. Basic Surgical Training Programs: structured general and laparoscopic surgery with a log book.
c. Higher surgical Training Programs mainly in GIT, HBP & Liver surgery using standard and state of art equipment.
d. Experimental surgery on small, medium and large size animals is a available for all the staff during their training.
Scope of Services
General Surgery, which covering surgery from neck down in line with new trends and policies that have been divided over the past decade into sub-specialties including general, hepato-pancreatico-biliary, portal hypertension, vascular and laparoscopic surgery, as followed:
a. Providing a full range of services such as, general and intestinal operations including cancers that run in line with government and TBRI policies.
b. The department, in collaboration with the gastroenterology and hepatology department, has a dedicated referral team for liver disease patients with specified cancers both upper & lower GIT, HBP and HCC.
c. Offering venous access service for the end stage kidney and dialysis unit.
d. Treatment of patients with emergency problems that ranges from non-specific abdominal pain and abscesses to life threatening conditions such as acute abdominal bleeding and perforation and abdominal trauma.
Routine out and in patient services
* Inpatient services:
a. The surgical department has 40 beds where pre-operative and post-operative care is performed.
b. The department is committed to provide excellent patient-focused nutritional care by a comprehensive staff of registered and licensed dietitians. Also dietetic technicians who provide nutritional screenings, assessments and education based on the established patient care plan
* Outpatient services:
a. 5 days /week outpatient clinics.
b. 2 clinics /day (specialist clinic & consultant clinic)
- Hepatic focal lesion: Assessment surgical management and surgical effects on hepato-biliary system in patients suffering from hepatic insult. PI: Prof. Sobhy Kishta (2000).
- Medical treatment of liver injuries resulting from vascular injury. PI: Prof. Nagy Edward (2002).
- The effect of ligation of right portal venous both branch versus simultaneous ligation of right portal venous branch and right bile duct branch in liver regeneration in rats. PI Prof. Ayman Nafeh (2013).
- Experimental transplantation of hepatocytes. PI: Prof. Nagy Edward (2014).
Collaborative Research Project
- Experimental and clinical transplantation of hepatocytes: indications and problems from an Egyptian perspective. The project is between The Academic Unit of Clinical and Experimental Surgery, Theodor Bilharz Research Institute, Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Imbaba, Giza, Egypt And The Department of Surgical Research and Transplantology Laboratories, Medical Research Center, Polish Academy of Sciences, Center for Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Warszwa, Poland Egyptian.
- PI.: Prof. Nagui Edward Mikhail, M.D, Prof. of Surgery.
- PI.: Foreign Principle Investigator: Prof. Waldemar L. Olszewski, M.D, Prof. of Surgery.
Publications in the Last Ten Years
- Hesham A. Elmeligy, Ayman E. Nafea, Mohamed E. Esmat, Ahmed M. Abdelaziz, Amr Mostafa. Laparoscopic totally extraperitoneal hernioplasty: Theodor Bilharz Research Institute preliminary experience. The Egyptian Journal of Surgery, 39:461-465 (2020).
- Essam E Ayad, Yousra O Kamal eldin, Ali A El-hindawi, Mona S Abdelmagid, Hesham A Elmeligy. Immunohistochemical Study of Ezrin Expression in Colorectal Carcinoma: A Comparative Study between Objective Method and Digital Quantitative Assessment. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 21 (4), 967-974 (2020).
- Abdelaziz H, Nafeh A, Esmat E, Ahmed M. A Hassan, Hamdy H and Elsebae M A. Single Port Transabdominal Preperitoneal (Tapp) Approach of Laparoscopic Primary Inguinal Hernia Repair by Conventional Instruments: Our Institutional Experience Jacob J Surg , 6(1):038 (2019).
- Nabaweya M Kamal, Tarek A Radwan, Ahmed A Mohamed, Maha abdelbar, Ahmed M Abdelaziz Hassan, Magdy M Elsebae and Shady A Abd-Elmoneem. Dexmedetomidine as an adjuvant to Nalbuphine in patient controlled analgesia for post-operative pain in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: A preliminary study. Glob J Anesth. 6(1): 012-018 (2019).
- Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaziz Hassan, Magdy M. A. Elsebae, Mohamed Abbas, Hussien Ezzat, Mohamed Z. Ali, Reeham Said Ebied. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in hepatitis C liver cirrhosis patients: “to drain or not to drain: impact on postoperative pain”. International Surgery Journal (ISJ). 6(8): 2708-2711(2019).
- Ayman Nafea, Hesham Abdelaziz, Hassan Shaker, Maged Nasr, Asaad Fayrouz, Hosam Hamdy And Mahmoud Rady. Closure of The Cystic Duct During Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy By The Ligasure Vessel Sealing System. J. Egypt. Soc. Parasitol. (JESP), 49(1), 215 – 220 (2019).
- Ahmed M Hassan, Mohamed Z Ali, Reeham S Ebied, Mohamed Abbas, Magdy Ma Elsebae. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in hepatitis C liver cirrhosis patients. Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 10(1), 86-90 (2019).
- Mohamed Abbas, Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaaziz Hassan, Youssef F. Youssef, Hesham Abd Alaziz. Evaluation of fundus first laparoscopic cholecystectomy in cases of acute cholecystitis; Theodor Bilharz Research Institute experience. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 49(1):195-200 (2019).
- Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaziz Hassan, Mohamed Emad Esmat, Magdy M. A. Elsebae, Magid M. Nasr. Inguinal hernia repair in patients with liver cirrhosis: Lichtenstein repair versus laparoscopic total extra-peritoneal approach. International Surgery Journal, 6(8):2865-2868 (2019).
- Ahmed M. Abdelaziz Hassan, Ayman M. Abdelaziz, Mohamed Emad Esmat, Hussam Hamdy, Magdy M. Elsebae. One-stage lapro-endoscopic procedure in the management of concomitant gallbladder and common bile duct stones: institutional experience. International Surgery Journal, 6(5):1447-1452 (2019).
- Ahmed F. ElKased, Awatef E. Fargaly, Youssef F. Youssef, Mohamed Abbas, Mohamed S. Amar, M Emad Esmat, Hesham A. AbdElHamid, Hisham AbdelAziz, Amr Mostafa. Evaluation of Laparoscopic ultrasound as a routine method for assessment of common bile duct patency in patient with history of calcular obstructive jaundice. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 49(2): 473-478 (2019).
- Mohamed Mohsen Salem, Mohamed Emad Esmat, Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaziz Hassan, Yaser Amer, Hisham Abdelaziz, Mahmoud Rady. Comparative study between laparoscopic common bile duct exploration and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography plus laparoscopic cholecystectomy for choledocholithiasis. International Surgery Journal; 6(7):2250-2257 (2019).
- Mahmood S and Ahmed Hazem I Helmy. Sealed off Gastro Intestinal Perforation in Multiple Myeloma Patient: An Unusual Presentation. EC Gastroenterology and Digestive System 6.5 389-391(2019).
- Mohamed Abbas, Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaziz Hassan, Youssef F. Youssef, Hesham Abd Alaziz.Evaluation of fundus first laparoscopic cholecystectomy in cases of acute cholecystitis. Theodor Bilharz Research Institute experience. J. Egypt. Soc. Parasitol. (JESP), 49(1), 195 – 200 (2019).
- Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaziz Hassan, Mohamed Emad Esmat, Magdy M. A. Elsebae, Magid M. Nasr. Inguinal hernia repair in patients with liver cirrhosis: Lichtenstein repair versus laparoscopic total extra-peritoneal approach. International surgery journal, 6(8):2865-2868 (2019).
- Sameh Elsebaie, Hesham Abdelaziz, Amr Mustafa, Ahmed Abdelaziz, Yasser Elsaid and Mohamed Abdelhalim Two ports versus four ports laparoscopic cholecystectomy (the use of strategic extracorporeal stitches). J. Egypt. Soc. Parasitol. (JESP); 49(3) : 689 – 694 (2019).
- Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaziz Hassan, Mohamed Emad Esmat, Hussam Hamdy, Mohamed Abdo, Magdy Elsebae. Intraoperative trans-cholecystic methylene blue injection for delineation of extrahepatic biliary tree during laparoscopic cholecystectomy.dorium J Surg 7 (2018).
- Hanan F.Khafagy, Yasser M. Samhana Reeham S. Ebieda Shaimaa S. AbdEl-Ghanya Omar M. Sabry, Nadia A. Hussein Randa I. Badawy Nashwa N. Talaat, Ahmed H. Helmy, Perioperative effects of desflurane versus propofol on hemostasis guided by thromboelastometry in splenectomy with liver cirrhosis. Egyptian Journal of Anaesthesia, Volume 34, Issue 4, (2018).
- Khalda G. Radwan , Moshira Sayed, Wael A. El-Siory, Mohamed A. Maher, Mohamed M. Hussein, Olfat A. Hammam, Mona Hassan, Ahmed H. Helmy And Hoda H. Okasha. The protective effect of insulin against isoflurane and sevoflurane induced hepatocellular apoptosis. J. Egypt. Soc. Parasitol. (jesp), 48(1), 129 – 137(2018).
- Afaf El Ayyat, Hanan Ali Sayed, Ahmed Hazem Helmy, Mohamed Emad Esmat. Improvement of surgery department performance after implementing hospital quality standards’ policies: two decades experience.The Egyptian Journal of Surgery, 37:405-411 (2018).
- Tarek Aboushousha, Olfat Hammam, Gehan Safwat, Ahmed Eesa, Shaza Ahmed, Mohamed Emad Esmat, Ahmed Hazem Helmy. Differential Expression of RAGE, EGFR and Ki-67 in Primary Tumors and lymph Node Deposits of Breast Carcinoma.Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, Article 33, 19, (8), 2269-2277 (2018).
- Elsebae MM, Hassan AMA.Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy in Egyptian Patients with Liver Cirrhosis: Initial Single Institution Experience. Clin Surg. 2: 1392 (2017).
- Mohamed A. Maher, Eman A. Maher, Ahmed I. Refaat., Mohamed M. Hussein, Reeham S. Ebied, Ahmed/Hazem Helmy. New Perspective in Studying Propofol and Sleep Interaction: A Pilot Study. J. Egypt. Soc. Parasitol. (JESP), 47(3), 505 – 511 (2017).
- Olfat Hammam, Mona Magdy, Amgad Anas, Ali Abdel Rahim, Mohamed Heedaya, Ahmed Helmy. Expression of hnRNPK & Claudin-4 in HCV-Induced Early HCC and Adjacent Liver Tissue. Access Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences, Vol. 5 No. 5, (2017).
- Soheir Mahmoud, Neimat Amer, Nevine Guirguis, Ahmed H.Helmy, Maisa Shalaby, wafaa elkomy and Hoda Sabry. Potential modulatory role of glycyrrhiza glabra against hepatic morbidity in chronic murine schistosomiasis. Global Advanced Research Journal of Educational Research and Review, 6(1), 005-011(2017).
- Asaad F. Salama, Mohamed E. Abd Ellatif, Hesham Abd Elaziz, Alaa Magdy, Hisham Rizk, Magdy Basheer, Wisam Jamal, Ibrahim Dawoud and Ayman El Nakeeb. Preliminary experience with laparoscopic common bile duct exploration, BMC Surgery 17:32 (2017).
- Wessam Abdelrahman Elzayat, Mona El-Kalioubie , Mostafa Elshafie & Ahmed Abdelaziz Hassan. Role of CT volumetry following gastric plication surgery in morbid obesity: Initial experience in correlating postoperative gastric pouch volume with clinical weight loss. Imaging Med. 9(4):89-94 (2017).
- Elsebae MM, Hassan AMA.Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy in Egyptian Patients with Liver Cirrhosis: Initial Single Institution Experience. Clin Surg. 2: 1392 (2017).
- Soheir Mansy, Eman El-Ahwany, Soheir Mahmoud, Sara Hassan, Mohammed Seleem, Amr Abdelaal, Ahmed Helmy, Mona Zoheiry, Ahmed AbdelFattah , Moataz Hassanein. Potential ultrastructure predicting factors for hepatocellular carcinoma in HCV infected patients.Ultrastruct Pathol, 41 (3), 209-226 (2017).
- Abdelaziz Hassan AM., M. Mahmoud, S. B. Elsebaie, A. I. Nafeh and M. M. Elsebae. Cost Benefit Alternative to Single Access Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, British Journal of Medicine and Medical Research, 15(11): 1-7 (2016).
- Helmy A.H., Hedaya M.S., Hisham Rizk, Emad Esmat, Asaad F. Salama. Laparoscopic CBD Exploration for Choledocholithiasis; Theodor Bilharz Research Institute Preliminary Experience. The Egyptian Journal of Surgery, 35(1), 54-58 (2016).
- Hala Badawi, Manal El-Said, Amira Helmy, Moataz Hassan, Mahmoud El- Ansary, Ahmed Hazem Helmy, Mgada Azmy, Omar Helmy. Role of Nanoparticles in Egyptian Patients with Biliary Lithiasis and Their Association with Aluminium and Barium in Serum and Urine. Ciencia E Tecnica. Vitivinicola A Science And Technology Journal,. 31(1) Issue. 4 (2016).
- Abdel-Raouf A, Boraii S, Elgohary H, Mogahed M, Elkholy A, Hamdy H, Hassan AM, Hassany M, Abdellatif W. Evaluation of packing the residual cavity after total or partial cyst resection in management of hepatic hydatid cystic disease, J Egypt soc Parasitology; 46(2):453-460 (2016)..
- Hisham Rizk, Asaad Fayrouz Salama, Wisam Jamal, Hussam Hamdy, Ahmed M. Makki and Ahmed Hazem I. Helmy. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute cholecystitis, when to do?. J Am Sci. 12(2):107-110 (2016)..
- Asaad F Salama, Ahmed H Helmy, Mohamed S Hedaya, Hisham Rizk, Emad Esmat Laparoscopic common bile duct exploration for choledocholithiasis: Theodor Bilharz Research Institute preliminary experience. The Egyptian Journal of Surgery EJS Vol (35) No (1) January 2016.
- Mohammed S. Hedayaa, Ahmed Hazem Helmy,Hussein Ezzat, Olfat Hammam. Cyclo-oxygenase-2 and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in colorectal cancer patients. Egyptian Journal of Surgeons , Jan. 2015.
- Mohammed S. Hedaya Hussein M. Ezzat, Assad F. Salama, and Olfat Hamman.The significance of expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen and inducible nitric oxide synthase in gastric carcinoma The Egyptian society of parasitology, August 2015.
- Ahmed I. Refaat, Mohammed S Hedaya, Hussein M Ezzat, M. Maher, H. Fayed, A.F. salama & Ahmed H. Helmy. Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Two Different Techniques of Local Anesthesia (subcutaneous versus subcutaneous & deep infiltration) For Postoperative Pain In Patients Undergoing Open Appendecectomy, Journal of the Egytian Society of Parasitology, 45( 1) April 2015.
- Gehan El nain, Ibrahim Rabia, Abeer Mahgoub, Ismail M Moharm, Mohammed S Hedaya, Faten Nagy, Azza Fahmy, Karima M Metwalley and Wafaa EL Komay Role of schistosoma mansoni tegumental cathepsin-B antigen in modulationof murine schistosomiasis. Global Venerinaria 14 (3): 329- 338 (2015).
- Mohamed T. Ashour, Magdy EL Sebae, Hussein Ezzat, Mohammed S Hedaya, Mohamed N H Taweela, Abdu EL Banna. Partial portal vein arterializations maintains regeneration after clinical major hepatectomy: Experimental study. The Egyptian Journal of Parasitology Vol 45,No 1 April 2015.
- Abdelaziz Hassan AM, Salama AF, Hamdy HM, Abdelaziz AM, Elsebae MM, Elzayat WA. Outcome of sublay mesh repair in non-complicated umbilical hernia in liver cirrhosis and ascites, Int J Surg. 12(2):181-5 (2014).
- Amr Abdelraouf, Hussam Hamdy, Hussin Ezzat, Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaziz Hassan and Magdy M ElsebaeInitial experience of surgical microwave tissue precoagulation in liver r esectionfor hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic liver. J. Egypt. Soc. parasitol. 44(2):343-50 (2014).
- Tomohide Hori, Yasuhiro Ogura, Shintaro Yagi, Taku Lida, Kentaro Taniguchi, Walid M EL Moghazy, Mohammed Saied Hedaya, Hajime Segawa, Kakayuki Kogure, and Shinji Uemoto How do transplant surgeons accomplish optimal portal venous flow during living donor liver transplantation? Non invasive measurement of indocyanine green elimination rate. Surgical Innovation, 21 (1) 43- 51(2014).
- Amr Abdelraouf, Hussam Hamdy, Hussin Ezzat, Ahmed Mohamed Abdelaziz Hassan and Magdy M Elsebae. Initial experience of surgical microwave tissue precoagulation in liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic liver; J liver, 3:2 (2014).
- Mona N. Moharib, Waldemar L. Olszewski, Michail E. Nagui, Mona Nossier, Shimaa A. H. Atta and Mohamed A. Saber. Allogenic Hepatocyte Transplantation in Immunomodulated Lewis Rats with Acute Liver Insufficiency Following Hepatectomy. J. Egypt. Soc. Parasitol. (Jesp), 44(1), 219-226 (2014).
- Abbas M, Farouk Y, Hassan AA, Hedaya MS, Hamdy H, Ezzat H, Marei S, Arnaout HH, Nosseir M, Eldamarawy M. Perioperative acute phase response and outcome of hepatic resection, an experimental study. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 43(2):341-50 (2013).
- Sayed, Hanan A.; Zayed, Mouchira; El Qareh, Noha M.; Khafagy, Hanan; Helmy, Ahmed H.; Soliman, M. Patient safety in the operating room at a governmental hospital. Journal of the Egyptian Public Health Association: 88 (2) - 85–89 (2013).
- Hamdy H, El- Kolly M, Ezzat H, Abbas M, Farouk Y, Naser M, Magdy M, Elraouf A Limb-salvage angioplasty in poor surgical chronic liver disease and diabetic patients. . J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 43(2):471-80 (2013).
- Mohamed Abbas, Youssef Farouk, Ahmed Abdel Aziz, Mohamed Saied Hedaya, Hussam Hamdy, Hussein , Sayed Marei, Hanaa Hamed Amaout, Mona Nosseir and Mervat EL Damarasy. Perioperative acute phase response and outcome of hepatic resection, an experimental study. Journal of the Egyptian Soc. Parasitol, 43 (2) 341-350 (2013).
- Abd Ellatif ME, Salama AF, Elezaby AF, El-Kaffas HF, Hassan A, Magdy A, Abdallah E, El-Morsy G. Laparoscopic repair of perforated peptic ulcer: Patch versus simple closure, Int J Surg. 11(9):948-51(2013).
- Hamdy H, Nasr M, Abou Eisha H, Sherif O, Elsebae MA. Evaluation of Management Options for Traumatic liver Injuries. Egyptian Journal of Surgeons, vol. 31, no 1; 16-23 (2012).
- Abdelaziz Hassan AM, Nasr MM, Elsebaie MM, and Nafeh AI. Single institution experience of single incision trans-umbilical laparoscopic cholecystectomy using conventional laparoscopoc instruments, Int J Surg. 10(9):514-7 (2012).
- Abdel-Raouf A, Abdelaziz Hassan AM, Nasr MM, Hamdy HM, Hedaya MS. Effect of pancreatic biliary reflux as cofactor in cholecystitis, J Egypt soc Parasitology; 42(1), 121-128(2012).
- Saied M, Nasr M, Ezzat H, Hamdy H, Abdelaziz HAM, Hammam O. Histopathogical Findings in Appendicectomy specimens:A Retrospective Clinicopathological Analysis, J Egypt Soc Parasitology; 42(1): 135-143 (2012).
- Mohamed Saied Hedya , Magid Mahmoud Nasr, Hussein Ezzat, Husam Mohamed Hamdy, Ahmed Mohamed Abdel Aziz Hassan and Olfat Hammam. Histopathological findings in appendectiomy specimens: A retrospective clinicopathological analysis. J. Egypt. Soc. Parasitol., 42 (1): 157-164. (2012).
- Abdelaziz HAM, Nasr M, Hamdy H, Abbas M, Elsebae MA. Role of prophylactic antibiotics in laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Egypt Soc Parasitology; 42(1): 129-134(2012).
- Abdelaziz Hassan AM, Nasr MM, Elsebaie MM, and Nafeh AI. Single institution experience of single incision trans-umbilical laparoscopic cholecystectomy using conventional laparoscopoc instruments. Int J Surg. 10(9):514-7(2012).
- Alaa Taha, Moataz Hasan, Ahmed El-Ray, Maged El-Ghannam, Ahmed-Hazem Helmy, Emad Esmat, Nevin Yilmaz Clinico-epidemiological characteristics and response to treatment in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in Egypt, Journal Of Hepatology International, 6(1):218-218 (2012).
- Nasr MM, Abdelaziz Hassan AM, Elsebaie SB, Elsebae MM and Nosseir MMF. The effect of splenectomy on liver regeneration and function following partial hepatectomy (experimental study), J Egypt soc Parasitology; 41(3): 601-610 (2011).
- Abdelaziz HAM, Saied M, Nasr M, Nafeh AI, Elsebae MA; Single Incision Trans-Umbilical Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Using Conventional Laparoscopic Instruments: Initial Experience of Single Institute. J Egypt soc parasitol, vol. 41, no 3; 601-10 (2011).
- Nafeh AI, Elsebaie SB, Nasr M, Ezzat HM. Cholecysto cholangiography versus cystic duct cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a prospective controlled randomized trial. J Egypt Soc Parasitol.; 41(1):119-30 (2011).
- Shalaby A., Mansy S., Marie N., Abdel-Fatah A., Helmy A., Esmat E., Solaiman H. Ultrastructural morphometry of hepatocytes in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and prediction of malignant transformation. Virchows Arch 459 (1):S1–S329 (2011).
- Nasr M, Ezzat H, Elsebae M .Botulinum Toxin Injection versus Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy in the Treatment of Chronic Anal Fissure: A Randomized Controlled Trial. World J Surg. 34(11):2730-4 (2010).
- Sohier Zakaria, Magdy Youssef, Mona Moussa, Maha Akl, Eman El-Ahwany, Ahmed-Hazem Helmy. Value of -smooth muscle actin and glial fibrillary acidic protein in predicting early hepatic fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Arch Med Sci. 6(3):356-365 (2010).
- Karim Eltawil , Mark Kidd , Francesco Giovinazzo , Ahmed H Helmy , Ronald Salem. Differentiating the impact of anatomic and non-anatomic liver resection on early recurrence in patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma. World Journal of Surgical Oncology, 8(43) (2010).
- Ibrahim RB Aly, Mohamed A Hendawy, Eman Ali, Mohammed S. Hedaya, Mona MF Nosseir. The effect of Diphenyl Dimethyl Bicarboxylate and Dexamethasone on Immunological and parasitological parameters in murine Schistosomiasis mansoni: The Journal of American Science; 6 (4) 138-145. (2010).
- Olfat Hammam, Rabab Salama, Hussin Ezzat, Karim Adel Hosny,Mohamed Hedaia, Nagwa EL Khafif. Study the expression of P53,MIBI , Cyclin DI, Cathepsin D, In some Colonic lesions using tissue Microarray In Egyptian Patients. Sc. J. As. Med Fac. (Girls) Vol.31.No. 3, 1685-1703 (2010).